Day Seven: Blaye to Villandraut


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 20th 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day seven, the final day as a trio. John had the choice to cycle 20 miles with the others to Bordeaux or go by ferry across Le Gerond and then cycle on to Bordeaux. He chose the ferry! Dave and Jim said their goodbyes and set off. The last 15 miles followed the route of Le Gerond and then they turned south to cross the Dordogne. When Dave stopped to take a picture of the river he realised he had encountered the first equipment failure of the trip, a screw out of cleat of his shoe resulting in him being unable to get his shoe out of the pedal. Ending up with Dave taking off the shoe then removing it from the pedal and tightening the screws. Shortly after lunch they crossed the Garonne and were soon into the forest of Landes de Gascogne. They later arrived into Villandraut at about 5.15, the roads again had been excellent and the weather had been very pleasant up to about 29 degrees. Nearing the end of the journey there was some thunder however they arrived without getting wet! They then asked at the tourist information for accommodation for tomorrow however she said that it was too far away.
Stats:
Days Miles: 70.5
Total Miles: 429.1
Ascent: 2804 ft
Total Ascent: 19’505
Riders lost (carelessly): 1
Equipment failures: 1
Thunder storms missed: Dave (1)
Major rivers crossed: 2
Highest temperature of the trip: 29 c


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb