Day Six: Tonnay Boutonne to Blaye


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 19th 2011
Published: May 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the road by 8.30 the first 20 miles were gently rolling quite roads for the brave three today. Through many fields of corn which was very pleasant. They stopped at Saintes for tea which was rather expensive, 3 Euros a pot. After Saintes the three picked up their good friend the D137 which as always had a good surface but wide loads! Lunch was had at Mirambeau and they all had a lovely omelette and chips which was welcome after 50 miles of cycling. From Mirambeau they were off piste because the accommodation in Blaye was not where it was supposed to be. Following the map for a further 8/9 miles which dragged them along marshlands finally arriving about 4ish where they were escorted to their accommodation by a very friendly manager. Later at the tourist information Dave and Jim were served by a sour and skinny tourist information woman who managed to get them their accommodation for the following day. The hotel in Blaye overlooks the river Gironde and the view is lovely.
Stats:
Miles: 66.8
Total Miles: 358.6
Ascent: 2769 ft
Total Ascent: 16’701 ft
Sour-faced skinny tourist information women: (1)
Expensive cups of tea: (3)
Longest straight: 10.2 miles


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb