THE CAMPER VAN


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 25th 2010
Published: October 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

THE CAMPER VAN

What can I say it was a slight disaster but in a good way.
We headed for the Loire valley with our Tom Tom once we worked out how to do it. (it would not talk to us).
We got to the 1st camp site and not opened closed for the winter. But before that if any of you didnt know in France they were all on strike becasue they had raised the pension age from 60 to 62. The lines for the Petrol was worse than the lines at DisneyLand. But once we got out in the country it wasnt too bad.

Okay what to do now no Caravan Park back on the freeway I see some campervans so we get off and pull up in this little town. There is a toilet and campervans and our named VENGA BUS.
David bravley goes into a little wine shop and askes if there was anywere to eat, the young man spoke English and had lived in Victoria for 12months to learn about wine. He sold us Wine and told us to go next door to the bar and give the lady a sob story and she
THE VENGA BUSTHE VENGA BUSTHE VENGA BUS

THE VENGA BUS IS COMING AND EVERYONE IS HUMMING
would cook us tea.

So we did and Meet Antonitte and she was lovely, she was closed for meals but Davids puppy dog eyes did it and she said come back in half an hour. She also had lived in Australia and NZ. She was so helpful and nice. The little town was ANGE if you ever go to France drop in there and say hi to her. Once we had tea and met every local in town who came into the bar it was time to go. She told us to come back for breakfast in the morning.

Oh my god it was a cold night in the Van and not much sleep went on at all. But we all were brave and got up and had strong coffee and nice toast and home made jam the next morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



31st October 2010

Now you can tick ' had a campervan experience" off the list Rick will be envious!!!
31st October 2010

Van looks great, was David like Chevy Chase at all ??
31st October 2010

Venga Bus
Chicken the European toilet system as demonstrated by Siobhan is clearly not designed with you in mind.

Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb