bike trip and paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 4th 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The bike trip continued on, after going along the coast till Dunkirk we turned inland, and headed toward Lille. The roads along the coast were definitely easier to ride along because they were separate bike paths without cars and it was all flat country road along the water. once we turned inland we started following actual roads, and even though some of them had bike paths on the "shoulder" you were still riding right along side cars and at first it was more stressful, but eventually you adjust. there were also more hills along the way, and more fields. A lot of the little towns that we passed through were really interesting to see, it was a very local experience, a lot of them were just a church with a few streets surrounding it. i sadly did not make it all the way to Paris, about 120 kms outside of paris 5 of the spokes on my rear tire broke, and the closest town to fix it in was 20 kms away, so i left the bike, walked to the nearest town, got a bus to amiens and a train to paris the next day.

Paris was good, did all the usual big sights. it was very nice. yesterday got into Budapest and went to see Rizza from Wu Tang Clan, it was a great concert, and even though i dont listen to Wu Tang Clan, he put on a great concert and it was a blast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb