Winter Visitors & Christmas In Les Gets


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
December 23rd 2008
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Rupesh Tobogganing in Les Gets 8 secs
Halloween PumpkinHalloween PumpkinHalloween Pumpkin

My first home made Halloween Pumpkin, Neale Close, London!

London & France Nov - Jan, 2009



Rupesh and I had guests booked in to 'Hotel Lou & Rupesh' before we even finished unpacking! We were fortunate to have a spare room at our new place and were really looking forward to having people stay. Bern and Elizabeth were our first guests before they continued their French studies in Annecy and then on to their third ski season. I then visited them for a very chilled weekend in Annecy. Lots of playing of their new Wii and trying out all the local cake shops. Lake Annecy was also a short walk away and really lovely.

Miranda visited London in December and spent a week with us at 'Hotel Lou & Rupesh.' It is always nice to show people London particularly when it is their first visit. Miranda and I enjoyed a bit of sightseeing around central London and a bit of culture. We saw the Lion King and visited some of Londons oldest pubs/bars including Gordons Wine Bar and Ye Old Cheshire Cheese. We enjoyed a roast Christmas dinner the week before Christmas and then attempted to walk it off around Hampstead Heath. Miranda was also around for our housewarming party before she continued her travels in Germany.

Just before Christmas, Rupesh and I flew to Geneva and were met by Bern and Elizabeth who took us to our Chalet in Les Gets, France. We stayed in Chalet Baqueira with a family of 5 and spent Christmas there. It was a really lovely week with lots of good food, wine and company. And of course lots of good skiing! Bern and Elizabeth certainly had their work cut out for them - they were not only managing the chalets in the resort of Les Gets but were now the European Managers for Ski Activity. This meant they were also having to manage the other chalets at the other resorts in Europe. It also meant that Rupesh and I were well looked after!

Just after the new year Bridget and Tamara stayed at 'Hotel Lou & Rupesh' and we enjoyed a few evenings out in London including seeing the stageshow Chicago.

Hotel 'Lou & Rupesh' is becoming very popular!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Miranda & RupeshMiranda & Rupesh
Miranda & Rupesh

Gordon's Wine Bar, London
Europe's Longest Champagne BarEurope's Longest Champagne Bar
Europe's Longest Champagne Bar

St. Pancras International Train Station
Somerset House Ice Skating RinkSomerset House Ice Skating Rink
Somerset House Ice Skating Rink

Christmas Tree full of Ice Skates
Dusting of Snow at home in early JanuaryDusting of Snow at home in early January
Dusting of Snow at home in early January

View from lounge window. And some fake spray on snow around the window edges!!!
Chalet Baqueira, Les GetsChalet Baqueira, Les Gets
Chalet Baqueira, Les Gets

The Chalet we stayed in over Christmas
Big pot of Vin Chaud (mulled wine)Big pot of Vin Chaud (mulled wine)
Big pot of Vin Chaud (mulled wine)

Heating up for local Christmas celebrations.


Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb