Edit Blog Post
Published: October 31st 2008
Someday when he has time, Axel will write beautiful prose about our first trip to France and introducing Laurie to his mother, stepfather and grandparents. In the meantime, these are Laurie’s highlights:
• They served warm croissants on the plane!
• The Arc de Triumph is really, really, really TALL!
• Lots of Art
• Meeting Axel’s France family
• Amazing wine
• More cheese than could ever be previously imagined
• The most amazing street of shopping ever
• The most amazing department store ever
• The serenity of Normandy and Omaha beach
• The solemn beauty of the American Cemetery
• Strolling the streets of Paris imagining marrying this man
• Medieval Village
• The house Axel spent his childhood summers
• More wine
• More cheese
• The Eiffel Tower at night
• Why Paris is romantic
You can see how the distraction of food and wine prevented her from writing anything of true value.
Tot: 1.199s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0098s; 1; m:saturn w:www (22.214.171.124); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb