Edit Blog Post
Published: October 8th 2008
The Steiner Family in its entirety went to Harbour Island in the Bahamas (http://www.harbourislandguide.com/) for the celebration of the family matriarch, Gilberte's 80th birthday, post Christmas and New Years. The week was filled with joy, celebration, sunshine and snorkeling. The entire clan stayed at the Coral Sands Resort and we literally drank the hotel under the table http://coralsands.com/.
Our favorite parts were:
• The entire restaurant toasting to the life and health of Gilberte as we celebrated her big day
• Sunrises on the beach
• Taking a boat out with Aunt Catherine and the younger kids and scuba diving/snorkeling. Also, Laurie being out swam by 12 year old Anna.
• Charlie chasing us through the sea as we rowed along in our Kayak. Charlie’s favorite part of the trip was tipping our boat. Laurie’s LEAST favorite part was Axel insisting on doing “Power Tens” for the entire length of the island…
• Axel complaining about sand getting into our beachfront room
• Our beach side grilled lobster… Laurie’s first foray (in 16 years) into eating seafood! It is possible she only liked the drawn butter.
• Drinking bottle after bottle of wine each night at the dinner table
as we all celebrated life
• The impromptu band that strolled through the restaurant on New Years Eve
• Reading, sleeping, drinking, relaxing
• The airport the size of a small cubicle… with tighter security than JFK…
• Celebrating that we just got engaged and Laurie will soon be a Steiner too!
Tot: 1.644s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0158s; 1; m:saturn w:www (18.104.22.168); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb