Nice to Lyon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 6th 2007
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

AvignonAvignonAvignon

The gold statue on the top was really pretty.
Today was another long day in the coach. We drove all day it seems. We stopped at a perfumery and I overdosed on scents. Uggh. There was so much going on there! I ended up purchasing a bottle of perfume. I don’t know what it’s called or what it smelled like, but I hope it’s good!

After that stop, we drove a while before lunch in Avignon. It’s an old, old city! It had brick walls around it that you could only see in places, because they were so old. It was pretty cool looking. A few of us ate lunch at McDonald’s today. We just had too…it’s been too long! I got to order a Royale with Cheese just so I could use the Pulp Fiction reference. After lunch, we just wandered around town. We went up to the highest part of town so we could see the pretty view. It was a pretty short stop, but served its purpose.

We arrived in Lyon around 5pm. It was pouring when we arrived. So, after a brief driving out of the pretty city (it’s the capital of France and is huge), we went to dinner at a place Paul
CarouselCarouselCarousel

This huge carousel was located right downtown!
picked out for us. We had a nice, sit down, 3 course meal. I had a really good salad, chicken, and crème brulee. Everyone was complaining because the food was taking so long…which it did. But come on, people enjoy food here. They don’t mind conversing while they wait. Anyway, some people got frog’s legs, some got snails. I tried both, and they were good. After dinner, we walked around the town a bit before meeting everyone at the bus. We actually walked by a pub that had the Cubs game on television. I was so excited and no one understood why! It’s the first place we’ve been that has had a MLB game on tv!!

After dinner, we went to the hotel. We didn’t go out tonight. Instead, we had a room party! It was fun. There were probably about 15 of us crammed into one little room just talked. It was all the girls, and the boys were across the hall. It was fun just talking, listening to music, drinking the little bit of alcohol we had....And just hanging out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

BuildingsBuildings
Buildings

It used to be an old "walled" community.
ViewView
View

This is the view from the top of Avignon.
BottlesBottles
Bottles

This is what it looked like inside the perfumeria.
CoachCoach
Coach

This is a typical day in our coach.
SleepSleep
Sleep

The coach was where everyone caught up on sleep!


Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb