Bonjour, Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 15th 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Eiffel TowerEiffel TowerEiffel Tower

Here is a photo of the Eiffel Tower.
Hello!
Well, for the last 10 days, I have been in Paris, enjoying all the baguettes and chocolate eclairs. We went to the Eiffel Tower, 670 steps up, and 670 steps down. 1340 steps altogether. There was an elevater, but it cost money, and the queue was huge. But the view was well worth the long tiring walk up. You could see heaps of things. I could see Sacre Coeur Church, which is not very far away from where I'm staying. The Eiffel Tower was a tiring day for us all.

I've been to a famous church called Notre Dame Church. It is huge, with stained glass windows and lots of statues.

I have been to an arch called Arc De Trimuph. It was made because Napoleon had just won another battle, and he wanted and arch to be built to celebrate his victory.

Well, in Paris there is also the Louvre. The Louvre is the huge art gallery that the Mona Lisa is in. We saw her. She was protected by bullet proof glass, security guards, security cameras and of course, all of the crowd. In the same room as the Mona Lisa, there was The Last Supper. It was a huge painting. We also went to the sculpture room where there were heaps of sculptures. Most of them were headless for some reason. There was one that had a little kid strangling a duck. The Louvre was a really artistic place.

In Paris, there is also a DisneyLand. I went on a ride called Space Mountain, Mission 2. It was a ride in pitch black with corkscrews, loop-the-loops and going straight down vertically. It was so freaky! I also went on a ride called Big Thunder Mountain. You go in a little train cart and you go into pitch black for a little bit. Then you go speeding off onto a train track. It goes up and down and you lean to the side. It was so much fun. I went on so many rides, but none of them topped off Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. As a souvenir, I bought some Minnie Mouse Ears. DisneyLand was great.

Well, bye!
From Maddy.
PS Thank you all for sending me some comments, but still keep on sending!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BaguetteBaguette
Baguette

The fancy bread in France.


18th May 2008

Hi from Balnarring Animal Shed
Hi, it's Alex Lee. Just set up my own Travelblog page (BigL). We are going on our holiday in 20 days time - for 16 weeks. Not as long as you are though. We have 3 new baby rabbits at the animal shed at school. Will keep looking to get ideas from your blog.
25th May 2008

hope ya haven fun
sorry for not responding ,yesterday i played a baseball match against boneo something or other any way the scores were 21 to 0 we won i even hit a homy (home run) it was -1 and that was the hotest it got for the whole game ice was growing in my shoes any way it was alot of fun i hear that everything on the other side of the world is going just fine SPACE MOUNTAN MISION 2 sounded alright ive only been on a crazy coaster and im pretty sure that is bread in your hand weather sure looks nice there its kind of gloomy over here .

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb