Taj Mahal and more


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
May 11th 2008
Published: May 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Taj MahalTaj MahalTaj Mahal

This is the Taj Mahal.
Hi guys,
Well, we've now been to Jaipur, Agra and Egypt and I've been enjoying it. In Jaipur, we went to The City Palace. It was extremely hot. We went to a weapons museum. It had heaps of old weapons. It had daggers, swords, shotguns and it even had a walking stick with a weapon in it. FREAKY! Now I don't know if I should pass a person with one of those! It had a board with guns on it, and if you looked closely, it was shaped into the word GOODBYE. It was pretty cool!

We also went to the Taj Mahal. It is a huge tomb built for a Queen by her husband. It cost so much though, but he wanted to build another one right across the road from the original, but black! He got arrested, so he could only build the one. It is made out of marble.
Wow! It was a good thing to visit.

We've been to Egypt as well. The pyramids are so huge! I climbed one! It was very cool! We took camels there. I got to ride a camel by myself. My camel was called Moses. When they made the camels run, it was fun, but very b m y
u p !
We also saw the Sphinx, but I could only really make out the head. We went to a museum, and we saw mummified pets. We saw a mummified dog, and a mummified croc! We also saw the treasures of the King Tutankhamun. He was a ruler when he was nine, and he died when he was eighteen. But the thing that made him famous was the fact that his tomb was the only tomb that didn't get stolen by the tomb robbers. It had his bed, toys and it even had his underwear!

We went to a market called Khan El Khali. I got an Egyptian god statue called Isis. I also got a little pyramid. It was a bartering market. Just so you know, bartering is where you argue over the price of something. You can get things really cheap. But, at the start if you didn't bother bartering, you could probably get it somewhere else for 3 times cheaper.

I am having lots of fun, but I'm missing you all.
Bye!
From Maddy.
PS Please leave a comment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



25th May 2008

hello
i had to do an assignment on india using powerpoint and we used almost the exact same picture as our background as the one you took of that big temple place just relised it ha

Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb