Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 31st 2005
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eiffel TowerEiffel TowerEiffel Tower

City of light. Most famous French icon.
Before we left Brazil Fernando had schedule to meet his university friend in Toulouse. We would rent a car and travel around.
As we arrived Claudia was waiting for us at the train station. We spend the night in her place drinking wine and laughing about stories on French habits. What would be normal for us latter, was funny at the beginning.

The first day we drove to Marseilles, were Flavia joined us. From there, our destination was Cote d'Azur: Nice, Cannes, San Tropez and Monaco. Getting close to Monaco the fun was to compare our small rented Fiat Panda with the local cars. Maseratis, Ferraris, Austin Martins, Lamborghinis all kinds of million dollars cars filling the streets. In the harbor the yachts looked more like luxury hotels than ships. From the deck the owners radio their bodyguards to invite the beautiful girls from the streets for private parties.
Most of the Yachts had a unknown flag and the letters CI printed on the side. Was only after a while we found one of them with the full writing "Cayman Island". Ahh... not more logical than all this boats being registered in a financial paradise.

Our challenge was to
CatacombsCatacombsCatacombs

More than 2 kilometers of skulls under Paris.
enjoy all this luxury and fancy places keeping our small budget. Hotels, restaurants, casinos and shopping is out of question. But drive around the F1 Monaco GP circuit with our super compact was free of charge. We took a little longer than Ayrton Senna. If the hairpin curves were hard at 60km/h, imagine at 300km/h. We didn't pay for a restaurant, but still dinner with a view of the port. In a parking lot we did a pick nick in high class.

Farewells given we headed to Paris with a promise of coming back. This first visit to Paris we followed the tourist route: Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Champs Elysée, Place De la Concorde and a visit to the morbid Catacombs. We spend a short time there but fell in love with the city.

The grand finale of our French tour was the EuroStar train to London under the English Channel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Notre Dame CathedralNotre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral

TSP: Tourist Standard Picture
Paris by nightParis by night
Paris by night

Paris seen from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Molin RougeMolin Rouge
Molin Rouge

TSP 2 - There was a line in this spot to take this picture.


Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 116; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb