Day 15: Laon - Corbeny


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 16th 2022
Published: July 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Last look at Laon / Laatste blik op LaonLast look at Laon / Laatste blik op LaonLast look at Laon / Laatste blik op Laon

Looking back to the high town of Laon, now from the southern side. The cathedral is still very visible. Terugkijkend naar de hoge stad van Laon, nu vanuit het zuiden. De kathedraal is nog erg goed zichtbaar.
Het was een langere en warme dag vandaag: 28.5km en 28 graden bij aankomst om 14 uur.
Het was een aardig, wel vrij lang, stuk nog de stad van Laon uit, maar het was mooi om terug te kijken naar de hoge stad en de kathedraal. Daarna kregen we een leuk stuk van bospaden met vrij veel schaduw. Het eind was vrij zwaar, een lang recht stuk van 4 km en 2,5 km over de weg in de volle zon.
We slapen vanavond in hotel de Chemin des Deux Dames (weg van de twee dames). De weg van 26 km is zo genoemd omdat ze speciaal was verbeterd zodat twee dochters van Louis XV makkelijker konden reizen naar een maîtresse van hem die hier in de buurt woonde!

It was a longer and warm walk today: 28.5 kms and 28 degrees on arrival at 2pm.
It was a nice, still quite long, stretch walking out of town, but we had the pleasure of being able to look back at the high town and see the cathedral from far away. That was followed by a nice stretch on forest tracks with quite a lot of shade. The end was a bit
Art DecoArt DecoArt Deco

De kerk van Martigny. Het dorp was volledig vernield aan het eind van de eerste Wereldoorlog en de kerk is herbouwd in Art Deco stijl die toen net aan het opkomen was. De toren is speciaal met de engelen die haar ophouden. The church of Martigny. The village was completely destroyed at the end of the First World War. The church was rebuilt in the Art Deco style that was just becoming popular at that time. The tower is special with the angels that are holding it up.
tough, a straight stretch of 4 kms, followed by 2.5 kms on the road in the full sun.
We are staying tonight in the hotel the Chemin des Deux Dames (Road of the two ladies). The road of 26 km is called this because it was specifically improved so that two daughters of king Louis XV could travel more easily to visit one of his mistresses who lived close by!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Abbey of Vauclair / Abdij van Vauclair Abbey of Vauclair / Abdij van Vauclair
Abbey of Vauclair / Abdij van Vauclair

The ruins of the abbey of Vauclair. The abbey was created in 1134 and like others we have seen abandoned in 1790 as a result of the French Revolution. It was completely destroyed in 1917 and in the 1960’s completely overgrown and forgotten. Until a local Jesuit priest made it his mission to excavate it. It is now a real tourist attraction. De ruïnes van de abdij van Vauclair. De abdij is gecreëerd in 1134 and net als anderen die we gezien hebben, in 1790 verlaten als resultaat van de Franse revolutie. Ze is compleet verwoest in 1917 en in de jaren 1960 compleet overgroeid en vergeten. Totdat een locale Jezuïet priester het op zich nam om hier opgravingen te doen. Het is nu een veel bezochte toeristische attractie.
Champagne!Champagne!
Champagne!

Aangekomen in onze bestemming van Corbeny zien we de eerste wijnranken van de Champagne streek! Arriving in our destination if Corbeny we see the first vineyard of the Champagne area!


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb