Day 50 of our 'virtual 'bike ride. 22 miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 3rd 2021
Published: April 3rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

The penultimate day! A cool start but lovely when the sun arrived. Today's loop was Chatburn, Sawley, Grindleton, West Bradford, Waddington, the TT triangle, Whalley and home via Four Lane Ends.

Our virtual journey would be leaving Larroque and continuing gently uphill along the ridge with spectacular scenery on both sides. We pass through the Gorges de la Salve where local children learn to rock climb. The gorges of the Save are a defile carved out by the Save through a limestone fold in the Pyrenean foothills . The gorges and their karstic relief are of geological, archaeological, ecological, faunistic and tourist interest. The area has been inhabited by humans continuously from the Paleolithic to the present day.

Then along a long flat road in the valley with mountains on either side and down hill into Capvern les Baines round switch back bends. We are now in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

Capvern les Baines, our home for the evening, is divided into two distinct parts and is divided between the eponymous village, situated on a plateau facing the Pyrenees, and the spa at a distance of 2 kilometers, nestled in the hollow of a verdant valley. The spa consists of thermal baths and hotel accommodation. It is one if the oldest spas in the country.

Ideally located at the crossroads of three major tourist sites, the Baronnies, the Lannemezan plateau and the Aure valley, the town is a popular vacation spot.

The photos show views of the Pyrenees and our lunch spot for the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb