Day 23 of our 'virtual 'bike ride, Beze to Dijon. 24.7 miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
March 7th 2021
Published: March 7th 2021
Edit Blog Post

A better day today with some sunshine. Our route was Husrt Green, Gallows Lane, up past Marles Wood, Dinkley, Billington, Whalley, Mitton, top of the Bashall TT triangle and a loop of Lowmoor to see Adam (our son) and family.

On our virtual journey.....Thunder was still rumbling round as we left Beze but after 10 minutes or so the rain stopped and the sun came out. Luckily it was an easy days ride as my wrist was painful from yesterday's fall and changing gears was tricky. We headed slightly south west across rolling hills on small roads.

Dijon is the capital city of the historical Burgundy region in eastern France, one of the country’s principal wine-making areas. It’s known for its traditional mustard, vineyard tours, autumn gastronomic fair and building styles ranging from Gothic to art deco.

Dijon was the center of mustard making in the late Middle Ages and was granted exclusive rights in France in the 17th century.

In reality Dijon was a lunch stop and we sat in a park to eat our picnic. Parks are usually good to find a bench, some shade and some toilets.

Photo of Burgundy flag. The first and four quarters of the banner are the arms of the second house of Burgundy (1363-1482), indeed the arms of Touraine. The second and third quarters are the arms of the first house of Burgundy (1032-1061).

Park photo shows our view while eating lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb