6 Charming Tourist Attractions in Nice, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 17th 2019
Published: April 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Are you heading to Nice, France? You're in for a treat! Nice is a famous and beautiful city that you'll be keen to explore. There are many wonderful attractions here, some of which we'll describe in this article. When you go to Nice, make sure to save some money on transportation by renting a cheap car from Kemwel.com so you can get around with the utmost of flexibility and convenience.

Vieille Ville




Vieille Ville is the oldest part of the city of Nice. It has numerous alleys with fascinating restaurants and shops. You might notice that this area of the city has an Italian aura. This makes sense when you realize that Nice wasn't a part of France until 1860, with the Treaty of Turin.

Cours Saleya Market




Cours Saleya Market is a fresh produce and flower market found in the city's old quarter. It runs every day of the week with the exception of Monday (when it becomes a flea market). If you've chosen to rent an apartment during your time in Nice, you'll love this market for the ability to be able to buy wonderfully fresh produce, special delicacies of the region such as socca, and flowers from the Alpes-Maritimes and Provence countryside.

Nice's Beaches




You'll want to spend some relaxing time on Nice's beaches during your time in this part of France. While they do tend to be quite pebbly and therefore not particularly suitable for sunbathing, they are lovely to walk along. If you do want to lounge for a while, you can find private sections with sun loungers available. There is even sand on which you can recline in some parts of these sections.

Make sure to check out the beach at Villefranche-sur-Mer, which is located on the opposite side of Mont Boron. The waters found here tend to be a bit shallower, making it suitable for the whole family. Of course, make sure that everyone has adequate swimming skills before venturing into any waters.

Promenade des Anglais




You simply must see and walk along the Promenade des Anglais, a wonderful walkway positioned next to the Mediterranean. This popular walkway has long been an important part of life in the city. The embarkment was constructed in the early 19th century. This incredibly long promenade features bench seating on which you can take a rest beneath palm and pergolas trees.

Musee Marc Chagall




The artist Chagall was intimately involved in this museum's design. He even chose where each of his paintings would be displayed and designed the concert hall's stained-glass windows. The museum was established specifically for the artist's 17 biblically themed paintings.

French Dining




You cannot visit a French city without enjoying as many French cuisine dishes as possible. You'll be eager to visit both formal restaurants and more casual eating establishments. Some of the dishes and treats you'll want to try include Salade Nicoise, fougasse bread, Daube Nicoise, and onion tart.

Have an Enchanting Vacation in Nice!



You'll sure to be captivated by Nice and all of the fascinating attractions it features. Make sure to take pictures for friends and family at home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.712s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.2553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb