The holiday starts here


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 15th 2014
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.144, 6.38112

Our evening meal last night at Le Bontemps, near Vernioz, was not a gastronomic feast but more simple everyday dishes. David chose a burger and I had lasagne, preceded by a shot of pastis (Ricard - the best - according to the brother and sister running the establishment), and a couple of glasses of respectable local red.

However, we were joined in the restaurant by three other couples - one Belgian, one German and one British, so we passed an enjoyable couple of hours exchanging camping stories. Fortunate for us, given that the Belgians and British did not speak German, or any of us speak Flemish, it was all in English. We came away with some useful tips of places to visit and things to see.

Our departure ran more smoothly this morning so we were on the road just after 8.15 heading for the motorway network which would take us within a few miles of our destination, St. Clair near Le Lavandou. So as not to arrive at a time when the site may be at lunch, we decided to stop for a bite and could not have chosen better in pulling into the aire called Pas d'Ouillier overlooking the town of Cassis and Cap Canaille, giving us our first glimpse of the shimmering, blue Med. Stunning!

Suitably refreshed, within an hour we had arrived to be allocated a pitch and begin suitably setting up for at least a week's stay to chill out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb