Road trip!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Val-d'Isère
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,
I thought I would fill you in on our exciting trip to La Rosiere yesterday on our day off and our ski over to Italia!

Firstly though, I need to clarify something. For those of you who can ski you will be familiar with the piste grading system and know that a red isn't really that hard, or a black come to think of it. Well I had no idea until yesterday. Basically, I knew Val was meant to be a hard resort but didn't realise to quite the extent it is. The pistes in la Rosiere were so easy and groomed. Their reds were equivalent to our greens and blues. No wonder it took me ages to work up the courage to ski a red here whereas I skied down lots of blacks yesterday and it was great. So I am actually an amazing skier and might appear on Ski sunday shortly-dadadada etc-haha.

Anyway, getting back to the story....
Angus drove myself, Mel, Russ and Robbie (from Inghams) over to La Rosiere which is about an hr away at the most. We packed up our skis and emergency mars bars and off we went. It is a really small, pretty resort where Cat works. We tried to meet up with her but she was off to Les Arcs where we hope to pop to next wk. It was absolutely freezing but gorgeous and sunny. Well actually, it wasn't until we decided to each have a bottle of minature vodka at the top of one of the slopes and then the sun came out and it was sunbathing weather (I can't not do it, even in a ski resort). We skiied over to Italy (La Thuille) and stupidly brought our passports but actually there is no passport control in the middle of the slopes-doh! Seeing as we were in Italy it would have been criminal not to have some yummy italian ice-cream, pasta and a beer. After lunch we were so full and tipsy so sunbathed for a bit and chilled out to make up for our lack of a lie-in. The boys wanted to hit the snow park but that bores me so I went off to check out some tacky little shops and then for more beer in a beer garden. We then drove back to Val just in time for more beer and dinner in one of our favourite pubs. It was a great day and can't believe we have been so lazy and not bothered to use the van before on our day off.
Well, we have 2 more Wednesdays left so hopefully we can make the most of it and go to Les Arcs, especially since Silverski will pay for our lift passes-yey!!!

Ta-ra chucks.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Richard Branson is here this week and Chris has seen him twice now. Amazingly he has hire skis and one of our guests looks just like him. Maybe it's him? Actually, if you have money you certainly wouldn't come to our chalet cause it smells of poo and has carpet on the bedroom walls. Quick, give me Lawrence L Bowen's number!
xxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



31st March 2007

Meh!
I meant to reply to your early march one but i've been so busy!!!! Wow Angus you have hair!!!! Skiing hair!! Can't wait to see you again and guess what....you'll be in time to do my exams for me-thanks!!! Passed car theory test, so can book practical test now!! Guess what I'm going to Leeds Festival-hehe!!! Thats what all my saved up money is going to!! Sorry Angus you gave me one job and that was to find you a job-i must confess now that i haven't! Apart from hiring you to do my politics exam!!Make the most of your last few weeks and have lots of fun!! See you very soon!! Lots of love x
9th April 2007

:)
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a wonderful weekend and it was made even better by hearing that you are coming home in less than two weeks! yay!!! It was really relaxing and the weather was gorgeous! Poor you, you missed out on the Easter egg hunt...;) See you soooooon!!! x
14th April 2007

1 week to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! x

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb