Lazy day and a visit to the lake beach


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Thonon-les-Bains
June 10th 2023
Published: June 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The forecast rain did indeed land in the night. Loud on the ‘tin’ roof for an hour or so but no thunder or wind so we were safe tucked away in our little home on wheels and Bob slept through 😊.


First job of the day was for Bob to sort out the Smart Car lights as he had noticed the driver’s side back light was out. A good hour later with the back end of the car dismantled and a new bulb in place it still didn’t work. Handbook out and more tools out of the ever handy toolbox and Bob found and replaced a dodgy fuse and the light came on again.

Can Bob fix it ? Course he can 😊

By this time all the rain had gone and the sky was turning back to its lovely blue. So after a bit of cheese and bread for lunch we went for a mini trip in the car. The ‘campsite’ beach is just across a park at the entrance to the campsite but the entrance is 500m away and up a hill so we drove it and walked down through the park to the lake.

Had the most wonderful paddle in the waters of the lake. Would have really loved to swim, the water was so beautifully clear and plenty warm enough but the ground is very stony and I am not steady enough on my dodgy knees really to risk venturing too far in. This lake is so beautiful. Can’t get enough of it and especially with the return of blue skies.

The beach is obviously a popular locals spot. There were a couple of birthday parties taking place in the park and the lads involved were having a super splashing time in the water. Such good fun.


Back at the campsite and took advantage of the on site café to have icecream and a drink before a read and a snooze.

Lovely here. Only thing missing is a swimming pool but the lake is there so I suppose the campsite thinks a pool is not needed. Will be sorry to leave as we love this Alpine area and have such a super pitch but now mostly packed up ready to head South and West tomorrow. Forecast shows we may drive though some storms on the way to Avignon but the forecast is generally wrong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb