A stroll round Lac de Montriond in the mountains


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Montriond
June 9th 2023
Published: June 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

9/6//23 A stroll round Lac de Montriond

Headed for the mountains today again as we enjoy them so much. Had spoken to someone on the campsite who recommended Lake Montriond so we chose that for our day out. Took the same road as we came back on last time (there are only 3 main routes through the mountains and the 3rd has no connecting road through to the other 2). The road goes through a massively towering rocky gorge with some very windy bits for the first few miles. Montriond is just before Morzine which we suspect is a bit of a favourite spot with the British as there were several UK plated cars when we got to the lake and later also at the supermarket we stopped at.

Stopped for a nice lunch at a restaurant by the lake and then set of for a walk round. I have been pretty convinced all day that the promised rain was going to fall but it was only about an hour round the lake so hopefully ok. A lovely stroll, wild flowers everywhere and so many varieties.
We passed a few runners…. But pretty sure our leisurely stroll was more pleasant and in the scheme of things probably better for our health than a run (judging by the runners out of breath expressions as they passed anyway 😊 ).
Met a lovely little family who were playing at the other end of the lake where we sat to admire the view. Ended up, at their request, exchanging bisous with the two little French girls who then thanked us very nicely. So sweet.
There is a waterfall we could have walked to and it was tempting but not that tempting and the cloud which was gathering at the other end of the lake, where the car was parked was a bit of a decider. Sure enough when we had a good 5 minutes to go the drizzle became pretty wet and I had to wear a towel round my suntop instead of my wet shirt as we set of back in the car.
Stopped at a Carrefour just past the turn to Morzine and picked up some essentials. Including a spare chopping board as we had forgotten that I accidentally melted one last time out 😊
Pretty drizzly rain all the way back and it has continued since but not hard enough to need to fully shut the roof and it’s not cold so we are perfectly happy.
PS. Should note that photos taken through windscreen of Smart Car are likely to be blemished here and there by fly splats and also reflections from the textured dash 😊

Tomorrow will be a day of leisure. We are not planning any major outing as the forecast is rain all day and possibly quite a lot more than we have had today. Am doubting the forecast of big thunderstorms though as the rain has already cooled things nicely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb