Fake poo and a first birthday!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
December 29th 2010
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not only was today officially Brett's buck’s and Alana's hen’s day, it was also Edyn’s 1st birthday. What an amazing achievement...mostly for us but kind of for Edyn as well! It’s been such a wonderful year and she is such a beautiful, amazing girl whom we love so, so dearly. She’s taken a few steps and I don’t think it will be long before we’re calling her a toddler. We love you Eda-boo!

This morning after lots of cuddles for our baby girl, off the boys went for a crazy skiing day, with Brett dressed in a fantastic 80’s ski suit complete with zinc, a la Squirrel from Hot Dog the ski movie, of which the boys are die hard fans. And just to make sure people knew, they made him wear some tightie-whities (undies) on the outside. Unfortunately, this didn't have the desired effect. Besides the undies, it turns out they spotted several similar fluro ski suits throughout the day! It seems there are some other nationalities stuck in the 80's as well!

The girls had a more leisurely ski while Alana went to her ski lesson. Sonia, Mel and I skied over to Courchevel to see if we could find anything appropriate for a spontaneous wedding. Mel came up trumps with a great pair of boots and off we skied back to St Martin to meet Lans for a hen’s lunch. We ate at La Chardon Bleu the restaurant at the top of the St Martin gondola. The lunch was fantastic, a few bottles of champagne were drunk and generally a great time was had by all. After having such a wonderful time at lunch, there was a bit of a downer as we came out to get our skis. We found that Mel’s skis had been stolen/taken either accidently or on purpose. So after a while of searching we decided it was best for her to go tell the rental shop and see what happens. Sonia and I skied home after a few hours of sitting but I don't recommend doing this on champagne-wobbly legs.

All boys and girls were to come together at 3pm for Edyn’s birthday cake but, not surprisingly the boys did not make this appointment. In the event of racing each other home, Jas and James got split up from Rors and Brett so they made it an hour late. Rory and Brett ended up a valley away so they took a little longer to get home. As it turns out it was just funnier for the boys as they had spread chocolate across Brett's undies so it just meant that more people got to see their fake poo!

The previous night, Jas and I had been invited to some drinks by the chalet managers in order for us to meet some of the locals. So, whilst waiting for the other boys to show up we were merrily drinking away with the locals. This was lovely although we felt like naughty school kids when we were reprimanded for picking Mykenzie up late from ski school.
Finally we all made it home to toast Edyn’s first birthday with a very cool, yummy snowman cake. We had a 5-course meal tonight so we all went to bed with very full tummy’s.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb