Bee lines and lift lines!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
December 28th 2010
Published: January 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today started a little overcast but that was just the weather and Brett, Jas and I went to explore the Valley’s again. We wanted to go as far as Courcheval. This sounds a lot easier than it actually is. It took us about an hour and half to make it to Courcheval but which time we were long overdue for a coffee break. We found a great little patisserie that was the perfect place to stop. After a caffeine boost we went to meet Mel at La Tania for lunch. La Tania is an amazing quaint village with chalet’s overlooking the ski runs. We ended up meeting at Bouc Bleu restaurant where we had a fantastic hot lunch complete with a pichet de vin rouge (a pitcher of red wine).

In the afternoon we left Mel to have a shop at Courchevel and we tried to make the extreme west border of the resort. Again we realised we had bitten off more than we could chew! We had only made it half way when we realised we were late to meet Mel 10 minutes after we were supposed to meet her! Anyway, we ended up meeting in the middle and the pressure was on to make it back home before all the lifts closed. We ended up having to bail on Mel and Brett because we had about 15 minutes to get to ski school and collect Mykenzie. We still had another one and a half runs to ski and a gondola and chair to catch. Jas and I were on a mission and beelined it to the gondola and chair. We made the last chair by what we thought were seconds! It didn’t matter to us, we had made it and Mykenzie would be collected! We didn’t think Mel and Brett had any chance of making the last lifts and had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would have to drive around to Merible to collect two drunk mates! Imagine our surprise when we they walked in not half and hour later! Somehow, they had skied like champions and made the last lift. We were so excited to see them that of course we shared a few drinks.

Not only had those guys made it back home, but James and Sonia had also arrived. Finally our ski crew were back together and we were to about to have an amazing week together.

Tonight we ate at Le Montagnard restaurant which is a typical Savoyard restaurant with amazing food. There was raclette (similar to fondue but with a massive cheese wheel which is heated then drips onto your vegetables or bread...it’s a heart attack waiting to happen), and other typical dishes that I can’t even remember let alone pronounce and spell. But the meal was amazing, the company awesome and a great night was had.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb