Nous somme arrivè


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
May 27th 2006
Published: May 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The flight from Heathrow was short, but somehow BMI managed to lose Sam's suitcase... We figured it was bad when we realised the sticker for it was stuck to fast to Ivan's suitcase. The guy at the service desk was very helpful and walked us thru a lost luggage report and assured us that we'd get a call about the luggage when they found it.

The next day, Sam rang the call centre and was told that the luggage had been found and would be sent over and we'd have it either by the evening or the next morning (Thursday). It's now Saturday and it still hasn't arrived.. As far as we can tell, from the conflicting reports, the case is in Paris, but hasn't been checked and sent to us yet, which is a right royal pain in the behind... Needless to say, Don't fly BMI!!!

So far this week we have been on a bus tour around the major Paris sights, seen the Louvre, been to Giverny and Versailles, and walked countless kilometres thru the streets of Paris.

Paris is much prettier than London and the the visitors pass we bought is by far the handiest ticket going around... It allows us to use the buses, the Metro or the RER, which covers about all one needs to get around.

Tonight we'll catch a movie and go up the Eiffel Tower, and tomorrow we'll probably go the Orangery near the Louvre, which has only re-opened last week after 6 years of renovations. We may also go to La Muette and see some of Monet's work... We've yet to decide if we'll go to the Musee D'Orsay or not in the morning.

Everything here is expensive, but we get by ok... And the food is quite good. The Escargot Cafe aux Cadras were fantastic.

Anyway, more about Paris and our visit in our next blog...

Cheers,

Ivan and Sam

P.S. Keep those messages coming

Advertisement



28th May 2006

Bugger
Bugger bout the suitcase, hope they have renumerated you sufficently to shop at Polo or Lacoste...

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb