Sparkling lights and topless girls


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
May 29th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, the Eiffeil Tower at night is pretty spectacular. First off we stopped off at the Place de Chaillot to have a look at the Tower fro, afar and ad,ire the light show. There was a pretty big crowd of people there, all taking flash photos, as if that would make a difference!!!

Once the light show stopped, we made our way down towards the Eiffel Tower, and along the way Sam managed to stumble over a step and hurt her foot... So we rested a while, then made our way up the east tower to the second floor of the tower. It was a clear night and the view was awesome. We didn't want to queue for 45 minutes to go to the top so we made our way down.

We caught a cab back to the hotel and as it turns out the cab driver, Jean-Pierre was Haiitian and so we talked a little Creole. So with that ride and the TGV we have now taken every for, of public transport in Paris. When we got back, Sam's suitcase had just arrived, FINALLY!

On Sunday, our last day in Paris, we did some laundary, then went to the Arc de Triomphe. After that we went to the Musèe Mormottan and saw some of Monet's paintings. This gallery is in La Muètte, which is a quite part of Paris full of Frenchmen being French!!!

Sunday night was a big night out... We took had dinner at Altitude 95, which is on level 1 of the Eiffel Tower, and then took an hour cruise down the Seine. After the cruise we caught the 2nd show at the Moulin Rouge, which featured a lot of boobies and a few snakes. The songs were almost all in French, but the words weren't so important!!!

We got back to our hotel pretty late and got to bed at around 2am..

We left Paris via TGV and arrived in Lyon by lunch time... more on that later

Au revoir et à bièntot

Ivan and Sam



Advertisement



30th May 2006

Gets a little bit blue
Hey kids for this blog you must be over 18, it gets a little blue...

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb