Acton Town


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
May 24th 2006
Published: May 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi

We have just finished our tour of London town. First off, thanks to Lisa for her hospitality and to Ngaire for lending us her room...

We have very sore feet as we landed in London in the evening on Saturday and walked everywhere else ever since... with the odd ride on the tube thrown in for good measure.

The first night there we went to a pub full of aussies and stretched our legs a bit after the long flight.

On Sunday we visited Camden Market and then went for a lovely summer afternoon stroll down to the Thames with Lisa and her cousin Sally, who is also in England at the moment. After a good soaking from a tour bus, we stopped for coffee, then caught the tube down Aldgate East and wandered down to Brick Lane for some Indian.

On Monday, we had Lunch at the Brewmaster, near Leicester Square and also managed to score some tickets for Mary Poppins for Tuesday night. We spent the rest of the day shopping in Oxford Street and Flower made us a lovely dinner as well.

Tuesday we did the trip up to Trafalgar Square and then to Buckingham Palace and Wistminster Abbey, after which we took a geezer at Big Ben and the London Eye. Next we took the ferry down to Tower Bridge, then did a tour of the Tower of London for the rest of the afternoon. We then had dinner at The Porcupine with Lisa, and then continued down to the Prince Edward Theatre for Mary Poppins. The show was very well done and Lisa and Sam really enjoyed it thoroughly. If you are in London while it is playing, then go and see it as you won't be disappointed.

We then went home and packed our stuff ready for the trip across to Europe... Our visit to London flew by, but we'll be back in the UK soon enough.

In the meanwhile, Vive De Gaulle!!! (hee iz zi toll wun wiss zi big ooter!)





Advertisement



29th May 2006

G'Day!
Keep up the great work on the journals I can't wait for the next one, it keeps my mind off things! Life's plodding along back here! Keep having an awesome time both of u! Love Sar!!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb