Lyon!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
November 26th 2010
Published: November 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Paris to Lyon


TGVTGVTGV

We got to Lyon by taking the TGV, which is a high speed rail line going over 100mph!
Today, after a near miss to be explained later, we made our way down to Lyon, France. Before we left for Lyon, we visited the Louvre in Paris and saw the Mona Lisa and many other famous paintings. Paris was great, but we are glad to get out of the city.

Lyon is about two hours southeast of Paris. It sits on the Rhone River and about an hour west of the Alps. Lyon is much smaller than Paris, however, we are finding that there are a lot of benefits for this. Lyon has many famous restaurants, with availability, due to the fact that it is the birthplace of the "French cuisine." Tonight, we enjoyed a wonderful three course dinner at a little restaurant on a street housing only places serving food. Even though Lyon is smaller than Paris, it still has a subway, so getting around is easy. There are many stores to shop at (cheaper than Paris) and cashmere is on sale!!!! We are looking forward to our day tomorrow. Have a great night, and we'll chat with you soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb