Jan in Cham


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Where did January go ? Never a dull moment in Chamonix, be Easter before we know it.

After all the partying over Christmas and New Year, we're now settled into the regular apres scene at the Chambre 9 and our fish & chip Fridays and Sunday roasts at the Monkey bar. When my estate agent rang one night at 6pm, he thought I was at a rock festival!

Last Friday had fish & chips (with proper mushy peas) and early night as I was working at the airport on Saturday. Snow caused chaos, we had to hold all the flights as the coaches were stuck on the mountain, finally when the day was almost over, an airport driver managed to crash some stairs into a plane wing, all the passengers had to get off and wait for a new plane to arrive from gatwick.

But the Saturday chaos was worth it for the fresh snow and sunshine on Sunday which Rosy, Anouschka and I spent having a girly day on the piste. Its all about the browning and the blonding (that's face tanning and hair highlighting for the uninitiated) and great boarding with a couple of skiers who can pull you along on the flat bits. Then straight to apres at 4.30, a few vin chauds and a noisy rendition of white stripes later, you're absolutey hammered and you're calling it a night at 9pm ! Monday morning back at work doesnt seem so bad though when you've only got a 5 minute commute through the snowy streets and another day off on Thursday.

You can afford to be choosy about the conditions when you're a seasonnaire, no need to go up the hill when its too cold/foggy/snowy so on Thursday the adverse cloud conditions put us off and we went to Lake Annecy for the day instead, lunch in the old town and a bit of window shopping.

This week I'm off to Le Grand Bornand to catch up with Trudi & Mick enroute to Lake Garda to prepare for summer and I'm off to Meribel for more training because the new accounts rep I trained on 3rd Jan has resigned already. He couldnt hack the Meribel pace so there's another new one !

Any excuse to get out of the office, its a tough job but someone's got to do it....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb