Day 27: Annecy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
March 31st 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Off to explore the old town this morning and what a lovely old town it is, located on the northern shores of a huge mountain lake there are little alleyways ducking and diving all over the place with shops set back into deep doorways and cafes every second shop. There are little canals running through the whole area with buildings built right up to the edge almost what we expect Venice to be like. Settling in at a small café for my daily espresso the girls wanted coffee and hot chocolate respectively we just watched the world go by. We also found finally that many of the shops close at 12.00 and don’t open again till 2.00 and stay open until 7.00, like a little siesta in the afternoon. Heading off to a shop called FNAC so we could buy an inverter to power the laptop if we need it, that was a mission but we got there in the end. Leaving town we headed back to Christians place to shower and dress for our Fondue dinner. What a great night we had with Foie Gras for entree and a cheese and white wine fondue and salad for the main course. Christine also made a beautiful Lemon sponge and fresh fruit salad for dessert.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb