Day 28: Annency to Beauvoir-en-Royans


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Isere
April 1st 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Taking our leave from our dear friends, Christian and Christine, we decided to do a circuit of the lake and head to photograph the old Chateau on the eastern side of the lake before heading south again, the chateau was closed but still an imposing sight from the lane below. After fueling up it was off into the hills winding steeply up the Col de Plaimpalais we lunched in the alps and what a stunning drive through the mountains it was, steep hills and switchback turns it would be great in a fast car on a closed road. Slowly leaving the main mountains we wound slowly down through a town called Chambrey and onwards to our stop for the night. We free camped again in a little village called Beauvoir-en-Royans set high up on the cliffs above the valley below with an old 12th century castle ruin for company. Wandering around the village I noticed that one of the large buildings that looked castle like and built circa 1600 was privately owned and was called club du château, and appeared somewhat deserted. Sitting my chair watching the sun sink a young man approached and started talking away to me, not understanding a word except discotheque I told him 'je ne parle pas français' and he managed to get across that the disco was going to start tonight, our luck, of all the places to stop for the night in all of France we chose next to the bloody Friday night disco. At the time of writing this, 11.05pm it still hadn’t started and the lights had only just come on, might be a late night.

Update: The disco came to life at midnight! Up until 0430 we had noisy people in the car park. Shouting and verbal fights. It made for a very rough night 😞


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb