Day out in lovely Annecy – Blue sky gorgeous


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy-le-Vieux
September 6th 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness weather forecast was right. Drop dead glorious day with wall to wall blue sky and sunshine. Perfect for a Kisbee trip up the lake 10km to Annecy.

Annecy was heaving with people. This is an out of season Tuesday. Wonder how busy it is in summer ?

Still room for us though in the wonderful little paths along the canal, across the bridges full of colourful market stalls, everywhere so beautifully decorated with flowers so every sight is a delight to the eyes.

We stopped for a coffee and a people watch then carried on strolling, past the superbly ornate shop fronts, mouth watering displays in the delicatessens. We’ve been here before and returning somewhere you’ve enjoyed can be a disappointment but not in this case, even better than we remembered it.

We went a little further into the town where we hadn’t been before, into the slightly more modern shopping streets and found these delightful too. The buildings are gorgeous. Pastel shades, all different colours and very all and thin. Camera was a click click clicking again.

Lunch was Tuna Nicoise in a pavement café for more quality people watching then we walked down to the waterfront and took a boat ride round the lake.

Not the best sightseeing boat as the front was high and the seats low and the sun beating down, the shaded seats on top were limited and proved very windy on the way back. We were reduced to standing at the back, by far the best place to be.

Back into town for an icecream, hard to choose from about 40 varieties but Bob as usual went for Vanille. Then back on Kisbee to the campsite for a swim in the glorious freeform pool before dinner.

Dinner was chicken goujons (Bob’s favourite). As Bob does all the driving and most motorhome work leaving me pretty idle I try to make good meals !

Tomorrow we will head a little further south. Bob has planned the route so not too tortuous a drive through mountain cols.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb