Dole to Lake Annecy – a rather misty day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
September 5th 2016
Published: September 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today’s travel blog is brief.

Weather forecast had promised overcast and overcast is what we got. A shame as a drive through the Jura to the Alpine foothills would be stunning on a sunny day but nothing like as much so when all mountain, and even hill tops, were covered by low cloud and quite a bit of drizzle though that eased off as we went on our way.

Oddly enough it rained last time we drove to Annecy, from Chamonix in June 2011 so we missed the scenery that day too.

Still a pleasant enough drive and at least it wasn’t torrential rain this time just a lot of drizzle which obscured the view and messed up most chances of a decent photo through the windscreen as we drove along.

We chose to stay at Europa campsite this time, next to International we used last time. €17 per night but with a sting in the tail. Oh dear all ACSI standard motorhome pitches are full so it will be an extra €4 per night to have one of the comfort pitches.

There are free pitches on the site but motorhomes are down one alleyway while caravans are down 2 more alleyways where there were spaces.

I agreed to pay the extra and we are on a quiet alley at the edge of the site and by 7pm there were few places free. And it is a rather pleasant part of the campsite and a lovely big pitch so we are happy. Also balanced by reasonably priced wifi at €2 per day.

Had a swim in the magnificent and empty except for me swimming pool complex then failed to open the gate to get out (someone coming out had opened it when I went it).Thought I might have to climb out via the shoe-rack but fortunately someone came past and called a girl from reception who let me out and also showed me the complex, and how on earth was I to guess that, mechanism for opening the gate.



Had quite an early night. Knee ache – all that swimming – I did 20 long lengths and damp weather took their toll. Voltarol to the rescue and tomorrow the forecast promises a return to glorious sunshine. Hope so as the views from the campsite over the pool to the mountains are stunning with the low cloud encircling their peaks but always more stunning with a blue sky backdrop.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb