Snapped while snapping


Advertisement
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=m-O5Q_8Pqgg]After a nice long sleep in we went down for breakfast. We were faced with a tough choice - 12 different cereals, each one more sugary than the next. Once fed we gathered a day pack each and caught a tram into the city. They have the most sensual tunes on the trams when you reach a destination. Jez recorded one of them on video, but there were better ones. Anyway when in town we strolled around the docks, main beach and a central area with parks and a sh*tload of fountains. We had lunch in one of the parks and watched some sort of protest, I have no idea what it was for, but it was pretty crap as the students protesting didn't seem that interested, half of them were off swimming in the fountains.

In the afternoon we took a bus out to St Jean Cap Ferrat. There were a lot of roadworks and the bus was roasting so we were glad to get off and go find a beach. We passed massive mansions, this is apparently where all the rich and famous live. We found a beach which was pretty secluded bar a few frisky couples, one of them both girls. But don't get excited Callum thew had big tattoos, short hair and faces like someone had tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver. That's probably a bit harsh, but Jez can confirm. I suppose it's karma that we got tar stains all over our towels and togs, which made them stink for the rest of the trip. When we walked back to the bus stop we passed some rocky outcrops, a lady was swimming topless in the shore, which was pretty dangerous. Jez took a photo, I think he was trying to get the shore but she happened to be in his shot. Anyway she saw and covered herself up. Snapped while snapping.

Our game of the day was naming footballers, we stretched it out all day. Jez was down and out at one stage but pulled Youri Djorkiev out of the bag. He still lost mind you. Tea we opted for quick and easy KFC, it didn't dissapoint, it never does. Once back at the hostel we chatted with Marama and Joe again catching up on daily news and film festival gossip.

The night was spent chatting in the bar/dining room and Jez tried to employ some sort of weird stare to attract girls. It didn't work, in fact the opposite, I think they were actually wondering if he was a bit retarded. We called it a night there and I'm pretty certain I heard Jez crying that night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 33; qc: 130; dbt: 0.2375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb