Sentier du Littoral - hike around Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrar


Advertisement
Published: September 22nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

We are headed to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat to hike on a 4.8 km trail. We take the number 2 tram to Nice Port. We walk a few blocks and take the number 15 bus to Sain’t-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. It is sprinkling when we arrive so we find a outdoor restaurant with large umbrellas. We have fish and chips which seems appropriate since we are at a port. After lunch we follow a group of people who look like they are out for a hike. We find the trail a short distance from the port. The trail is well posted with signs and maps along the way. The trail is famous for passing by some of the most expensive villas in the world. The walk is gentle with some small uphills and downhills. They advertise that if you are afraid of heights do not do this walk. It is along the coast with views that will take your breath away. Most of the walk we are alone which is nice. The trail passes below the Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat a five star Four Seasons Hotel. We also pass below the lighthouse which is still being used. The villas along the path have gates that open onto the trail. A few villas have a funicular to bring them from the villa to the gate. The trail passes by numerous coves and sometimes we see someone swimming. We did pass a beach that rents lounge chairs so if it was a warm day you could swim.

At the end of the line the trail ends across the street from a number 15 bus stop. Great we take the bus back to the port of Nice. At the port is our favorite Irish Pub so we enjoy happy hour before heading to Girabaldi tram exit to have gelato. We find a gelato shop but also run right into a protest. This time instead of police blocking off the street we have the military and they are armed and carrying shields. We decide to get out of there and head back to our Airbnb But not before having a gelato.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd September 2021

So Happy for You
Pleases me so much knowing you're having a great time. Looking forward to lunch when you get back.
22nd September 2021

Great hike
The scenic hike is breath taking, so glad you are getting some wonderful fresh air. Just keep an hand on the hat, Julie had lost one of her favorite ones when a gust of wind took it away while we were on the Hanapepe bridge in Hawaii and it went down river. Good move on avoiding the demonstrations and opting out for some libations. Have another great day.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb