part 2


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

hello again.
Alright. so monaco was amazing.. we started off walking around and going to the harbor. the boats at the marina were enormous. they were by far the largest boats i've seen. both sail boats and yachts. it was really amazing to see. from here we ate at a place near the monte carlo casino. i had some ravioli with truffle oil,, this was by far the most amazing food i'd had probably ever. it was great. a little pricey but well worth it. from here we went to the monte carlo casino. to get in you hav eto pay a 10 dollar cover and you have to have an id on you. they actually print your name on the ticket to get in. once in the place seemed surreal. it was really quiet and every one is dressed to the t's. they only had a few tables going. and there was a slot machine room too.. after watching for awhile a blackjack table i got the low down on how to play and some tactics. the minimum bet you could place was 25 dollars. becuase i really wanted to play and say that i played i decided to spend 50 dollars at teh table.. the first hand i played i won.. =) i should have stopped there but oh well.. =) i then played three more rounds lossing each time casue the dealer got 21 twice and 20 the other time. oh well it was really fun and a little nerve racking.. after that i hung out with other people from the group and watched others play.. I ended up getting a free glass of dom perigene champange from maddie. it was amazing.. after that we walked back to the bus (me without my shoes on cause they were killing me)..
the next morning we drove.. i started feeling sick at this point.. my throat was killing me when i woke up.. by the end of the day i couldn't talk.. =( during the drive we stopped at a river and swam under an aquaduct. it was amazing.. we were jumping off rocks and everything.. the day was so hot that the water felt amazing.. it was pretty cool water cause it coems from the alps. but it was amazing.. we then went to nimes and ate and watched the usa soccer game. we lost, so now were out of the world cup..
Love you all and hope everyone is doing well..
See you all soon =)
Jamie

Advertisement



27th June 2010

Be careful you don't get too run down and come down with mono!
29th June 2010

Gambling
Sounds like your having a great time and thats the way it usually goes for me in the casino. Love ya and enjoy the rest of the trip.
2nd July 2010

welcome back
tomorrow is the end of a trip of a lifetime. waiting to hear all about it. love you

Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb