Final day in Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Imported Sand LotImported Sand LotImported Sand Lot

You'll note that this sand lot is nicely fenced in to keep the kiddies safe.
We took an elevator to the ancient high fort on the hill above Nice and then walked down. We knew we'd be wasted if we tried to hike up AND walk down too. Plus, I swam twice. Love the clear, warm, salty water! The only drawback is that the beach is all pebbles with only a small area where sand has been imported for the kids to have a play area. Believe me it is a torturous trek getting into and out of the water. A kind lady, nude bathing on the beach, took pity on me and came down to the water's edge to give me a hand, bare boobs and all! So, I'm back to appreciating all the wonderful people, clothed (or not) who happen into my life.

The jet lag caught up with us this afternoon, so we napped and went out for a late ( by our standards, not by European customs) dinner. Since we're on the coast, it seemed fitting to have a seafood supper. Yum-m-m!

We're off to San Remo via train tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

One Sad Lonely OysterOne Sad Lonely Oyster
One Sad Lonely Oyster

We gobbled these down so fast we almost didn't get a shot of them. Notice the seafood assortment being eaten by our neighboring table mates.
Anita getting up close and personal again...Anita getting up close and personal again...
Anita getting up close and personal again...

...this time with the pot of mussels she ordered and I had to help her eat.
Amazingly Large PortionsAmazingly Large Portions
Amazingly Large Portions

Look at the stunned expression on the faces of this couple when the waiter set their lobster platter in front of them.


27th September 2013

Remembering Nice
Hi Julia and Anita, Am enjoying your blog, great photos, more please. Thought of my first visit to Nice, pebbles and all, in those days I was quite the sun lounger and found the Nice beach accoutrements heavenly - soft blue cushions, drinks on the beach and seafood on the terrace. Didn't manage to find a beau on that trip however. My landlady at the 2 star pension was from Iran, and we had been talking of life and travel. She was sad that she could never return home and I, dumb American that I was, hadn't fully grasped that followers of the Shah had to leave and would never return. Am looking forward to San Remo.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb