Nice is damn Nice!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
June 7th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

sangria'ssangria'ssangria's

me crunk on sangria
After waking up super early, 5 am, busting our butts to Charles de Gaule airport, we miss our flight. Heck we weren't even at the right terminal even though my e-ticket (easyjet) said TERMINAL 2!! Argh, c'est la vie eh? Luckily we got tickets for a 12.35pm flight through Air France for 81€. The snack they gave us was actually very good! Rare I know. Smoked salmon sandwich. They even had extras! The landing was the scariest I've ever had though. Due to crosswinds I'm guessing, the plane landed on just the left wheel, finally tilting so that the right wheel touched. It then proceeded to move left and right, back and forth before the pilot finally slowed the bird down. Everyone was like wtf, pilot brushed it off as saying 'Welcome to Nice" as if nothing happened. So after we get our luagages we again don't see immigration! Just straight through the exit. The bus to our hostel got super super packed once we hit the central city. Nice's buses are new but have very few seats. The front section only has 4 seats, about 12 seats in the rear section, rest is standing. Also the gear changes are very rough, you get thrown around quite a bit. My first impressions of Nice in general was that it reminded me of Mexico. The buildings, the feel of the city, very much like Mexico, just more well off of course. We got off at Saint Maurice bus station, way up in Northern Nice. The journey took an hour, but seemed like eternity due to all the people. We met a cool Australian chick, fellow backpacker who was headed to the same hostel as us (Villa Saint Expuery). We called for the hostel's shuttle van and within 20 minutes the staff member picked us up. We checked into the hostel and took a look around. Man, this hostel was gorgeous! Awesome view of the city, great facilities, all recently renovated, awesome staff, hot girls galore, everyone speaks english. That night we stayed at the hostel, didn't go out as there was no reason to. Cheap booze, 1€, great people, great food. Couldn't ask for more. Meet a ton of people, played some drinking games with some Aussies, and got pretty smashed. I slept damn good that night. P.S. Sangria is good, especially when you drink a full 1.5L bottle plus a dozen beer. ha.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb