Last day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 6th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

eiffel lit up and sparklingeiffel lit up and sparklingeiffel lit up and sparkling

This alone is worth the visit
Seeing as we accomplished the majority of the 'must do's' the day before we slept in, waking up at 9.30am ish. After a quick breakfast we met up the brits again at the Musee de Rodin, this time actually going into the museum. The first sculpture we saw was 'Le Penser' aka 'The Thinker' placed amid the gorgeous garden complete with stellar roses and other flowers (I'm not good at saying which flower is which). Behind the museum/mansion is the main garden, where a wedding reception was being set up (ideal for a wedding), tons more sculptures. Went inside the mansion, really intriguing work. It boggles my mind how one artist could do so much work, just one piece would take a long time. From here we headed to Sacre Coeur. Now, there is a metro-related tram that will take you up the steep hill to the church but seeing as we ran out of metro tickets Mark and I ran up the steps, correction, we ran up beside the steps, the much harder way. Great workout, people thought we were crazy ha. Man, the view from the church's steps was heartstopping. Perfect sunny day overlooking the entire city of Paris, I could have stayed there forever, simply brilliant. Headed down, bought a chocolate filled crepe. Browed the many cheap shops. Said goodbye for good to the Brits. Headed on over to Notre Dame. That church was amazing and a service was occurring when we went in. We didn't go up the towers but the outside architecture was stunning. Details, it's all in the details. We ran into two American girls that stayed in our hostel room in London, that was cool. The odds of that happening eh. Due to piss poor planning on their part, they just arrived in Paris an hour ago and were leaving Paris just after Notre Dame, they missed out on Paris big time. We then headed back to the hotel, had dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant, then headed to the Eiffel Tower to see it all lit up and sparkling. That is one experience I will never forget. Picture explains it, but does not do nearly enough justice to the real in person view. Wow. This is what life is all about.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb