Paris....Wow...Just....Wow


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 5th 2006
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

eiffel towereiffel towereiffel tower

trocodero from eifell
We had a loose plan as to our day's sightseeing goals. We accomplished it almost all in this day. We said screw it, it's a nice day, let's walk everywhere, so we did. Our hotel was a 20 min walk to the arch de triomphe. Man, what a way to start a day, breaktaking. Oh, I must mention on the way there we started busted out a rap with all the french words we knew with some beatboxing, quite hilarious. From the Arch we walked to Trocodero, walked up the steps and BAM right there is Eiffel Tower, perfectly aligned with it. Right there it really hit me, we were in Paris, Paris! Took some pics then headed on over to the Eiffel, stopping for a much deserved Ice Cream on the way. Got in line for the elevator, took half an hour. Now here's a tip to all future Eiffel Tower visitors: Buy a ticket for the first floor. When you get on the elevator stay on until the second floor, they don't check your tickets!! From the second buy a ticket to the top floor. The view from the 2nd was amazing but from the top was like being in heaven, it was so surreal. I bet it's even more incredible at nighttime. From here we passed by Napolean's tomb and the Grand Palais then headed to the Louvre entering through the endless garden/courtyard starting with the oblesik. The Louvre was spectacular, we spent over 3 hours in it and barely saw a quarter of the art. We of course saw the Mona Lisa, very cool. We met up with the Brit girls at Musee de Rodin (Didn't do in as closed) and headed off for what turned out to be a very expensive Paris dinner €30 each! But, life's short, we were in Paris, money is money, enjoy the moment eh? After dinner we went to a sweet Jazz club that is in an old dungeon. Located in the north region of the Spanish quarter. Booze was super uper expensive. I don't even want to say how much. Said goodbye to the Brits that night. Sad note: as we were leaving the jazz club there was an accident. Some driver killed a young teen or two. It could've been us if we left earlier. But c'est la vie, shit happens. But at that minute I knew one thing for sure, I could never be a paramedic. The stress and trauma experienced daily would eat my heart out. On a lighter note a trio of Paris chicks saw our canadian flags and stopped us. Asked if we were really Canadians and said we love canadian men. Great! It was one of the girls's bday that night and they were headed to the 'Sperm Vermon', a male strip club. So much for joining the hotties for the night, oh well. As the metro closes at 12.20 we headed home to the comforts of our pillows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb