Truffle fair and Nice!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
October 30th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

10/18-- Truffle fair! We went to Alba, which is in the Piedmont region. It was in a huge expo center, and it was booth after booth of samples of everything from wine and cheese, to salami and truffles. Towards the end, we finally found the chocolate section, which was delicious! Afterwards, we stumbled around the town and got some lunch. On the way we found a pasticceria(pastry shop) which had so many things we took note to come back on the way to the bus. After lunch, we went back and stood in front of the cases for about 15minutes before telling her what we wanted. Inhye and Viviana got little tea cookies with blackberry jam, and these pieces of yellowcake that were 2 layers and looked like a book they were so big and thick. I bought a cookie that was shaped like a cat. The specific one I bought was a pirate cat! How cute!

Later, we went to this castle a little outside of Alba. It had a wonderful view of the countryside and we took tons of pictures.

10/24-10/26--Nice, France! We left extremely early on Friday morning and took 2 trains, one to Ventimilla, and the other actually to Nice. The last part of the train was through the mountains and next to the sea. I wish I could have taken pictures in the train, but they would have all turned out soo blurry! We got in and easily found our way to the hostel, which was not very far from the train station. It was fairly clean and small. We dumped our stuff, paid for the room, and went out to explore the city.

First, we went to the Marc Chagal museum which had so many pieces of his artwork. I took tons of pictures there and bought 2 postcards (I am going to send them out this week). Next, we went to the beach and just chilled out by the water for a while. It was about 65 degrees, which was much better than in Torino, so we took full advantage of itWe went to the museum of modern art and I took even more pictures. They had real cool exhibits and we spent quite a while there. We had our dinner at this place that was across from our hostel for only 10€= antipasto, primo piatto, contorno, dolce, e beva. How wonderful!

The next day, we woke up and went to Monaco/ Monte Carlo. It only cost 1€ and was about a half hour bus ride. It was extremely hot, maybe 75 degrees or so, so I wore a tanktop and jeans. We walked all over that hilly place, and took many pictures of all the aston martins and lamborghinis we could find! (you are welcome dad). We hiked up to the historical district and went to the oceanographic museum giftshop (too expensive to go in) and looked around there. We went to an exotic garden and got lunch in a (where else) a pizzeria! It was the only thing we could find that was cheap (thanks expensive france)! Then, we walked over to the infamous Monte Carlo casino, and proceeded to gawk like the poor people we are at the ferraris and bentleys parked outside. It was so crazy! It took a while to figure out where the bus stop was to take us back, so we got some ice cream as we waited. We ran around Nice some more, and I took my first standup shower since Florence! How I miss those!

On Sunday, we had a relaxing day of going to shops, where I proceeded to buy SOMEONE their christmas present! We gradually wandered over to the beach, of course, to stay there one last time. We bought sandwiches and sunbathed a bit. It was so hot, I wish I had brought my swimming suit, but alas, I did not. Eventually we made it back to the train station, only to realize, that that day was the day where you gain an hour. So we thought we missed our train, but still had an hour! We bought snack for the ride back, delicious delicious crossiants, and waited at the platform. The train ride home was a long one. And dark!

Advertisement



30th October 2008

Nice
So cool. love all the pics on facebook as well. i bet you can't eat hershey's anymore
3rd November 2008

a small probklem
Hey Anna, I lost me comment but I hope you got it somehow. Keep your blogs coming. Add Tome to your list. His email is tkaufman@pobox.com. Lots of love, Jojo

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb