South of France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got somewhat of an early start this morning due to the amount of driving we had ahead of us. Our plan was to make it to the seaside town of Sete and camp there. As we drove along the long desolate highway, we quickly noticed this was the windy region. There were electricity-producing windmills everywhere. The wind was strong enough to move around our little car. We were surprised at how quickly we reached our destination. We drove through the town that we thought would be a nice beach village and found it was nothing more than a smelly commercial port. We decided to move on.
After another 4 hours of driving, we reached what was supposed to be our second night’s destination - Frejus. The hostel/campground was located on the edge of town next to some ancient aqueducts. The wind was howling. After finding out that it was only 3 dollars more a night to stay in a room vs. camping, we chose the comfort of the room.
We ventured into town to shop for groceries and see the local sights. The town was pretty basic, it looked like it was a retirement community. We headed back to the hostel. After talking to the hostel staff, we were surprised that we were staying within a 15-minute drive of the city of Cannes. Cannes is were they hold the world famous film festival. It is also where the worlds rich and famous hang out. We decided that’s where we would head to tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb