Marseille - Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Really great day today and quite unexpected the hostel that Emz booked was fantastic, it's one of the to 10 in Europe, apparently. It was a bit out of the way but all the staff were incredibly helpful. Most of them were americans, with a few other nationalitys. We arrived at the station and the instructions told us to phone them up (free) and the would come and pick us up, increddible!! We planned on spending the day on the beach but when we arrived the staff told us all these fantastic places to go, they gave us a map with all the bus times, routes, costs and activities.

So the first place we headed for was Eze village, which really has to be seen to be believed its a medievil town at the top of a hill. This really was the fairy tail image of a medievil village, really beautiful, good views from the top as well. I forgot to mention we met up with some Australian dudes, guy and a girl, mel and dirk. We all ended up traveling on the same bus to Eze.

After we spent a couple of hours at Eze we headed off to Monaco, with the Australians. Monaco is one crazy rich place. We had a look round the casino then went off down towards the marina and actually ended up walking down the hairpin from the circuit. and then made our way through the tunnel, that was cool. On the other side is the dock, we saw some pretty crazy yaughts, rich buggers.

After we got back we had some dinner with the Australians, really solid guys, turns out they've been traveling for 1/2 a year, well mel has, I think the guy joined her halfway. She seems to be traveling for a bit, then working, then more traveling. She worked in london but actually did some work for a catering company for Glastonbury, a nice coincidence.

After dinner was when the fun started, mainly because the drinks were all €1. Our table started playing 4 kings, a real bitch of a drinking game. Most of the tables in the area joined forces and we played a huge game of fast quarter and yes the table was full of loud obnoxious americans, heh. A great night!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th July 2007

Drinking games in youth hostels!!!
You can't beat 'em! Me and Sarah played drinking games with loadsa randoms in a hostel in Sydney. Brilliant night, don't think I'd ever been quite so drunk before or since! Enjoying reading your blog Marcus, keep it up. C

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb