St Maurice & St Sylvester


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
November 6th 2017
Published: November 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour, il pleut aujourd'hui!

Raincoats on and we had to get outside for a walk.
A 'little' incident (smoke alarm) with a 'big' response further up the main street. I don't blame them one bit (when they are having to deal with apartments) for blocking off 3 blocks. All sorted by the time we got back.

A walk up to Place St Maurice noting the now vacant Le Ray block will be reinstated with a training football field and a park for residents to enjoy. All the surrounding residents will be pleased they will now get a great view over the park and not into the back of some stadium.

A little drizzle and a cool breeze coming off the Alpes. Snow on some of the Alpes which we will get to see when we fly out next week to Roma.

Still a few things to do here yet. Hoping to get to 'St Paul du Vence' & to 'Biot'. Both hill top villages and particular Biot a living artist village. Europe do not have 'verandas' over their footpaths like nz...just the cafe's with 'awnings'. Little cafe's are dotted around in the strangest of places until you see the bus stop and the idea is you pop in for shelter and coffee while you wait.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb