Rambunctious, or jumbalicious?


Advertisement
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A long sleep in was warranted from all the festivities of yesterday. We sauntered down for breakfast and chatted to an Aussie girl, she was telling us about her travels and her boyfriend when this weird Tasmanian guy who had been lingering around the bar all week came over and tried to start hitting on her. His tactics were worse than Jez's bizarre staring ritual - he talked about marsupials. It was painful, now I know why Tasmania has a bad reputation.

Andre and Bluey were in the same dorm room and had been yarning to an Aussie guy Andy and a Canadian girl Lindsay. They both joined us on our day trip to Cape D'ail which is a secluded beach between Nice and Monaco. We hit Nice town first for a greasy feed of Chinese. It helped get us going. Jez even tried some Cock sauce. Check out the photos to see what I mean. The weather was overcast so the beach was basically all ours. The weather was a mixed bag, it was freezing when there was cloud cover, then boiling hot when the sun came out. We cranked out the frisbee in the ocean, which wasn't a great idea as it didn't float, and Jez who is prone to fits of hyperactivity threw it over Andys head and that was the end of the frisbee. With no frisbee we had to resort to making up our own games. Thankfully the beach was stony so we had lots of projectiles, after throwing rocks at big rocks, skimming stones, throwing rocks through trees and making stone piles we opted for cards. Our game of choice - asshole. I kept being dealt terrible cards so held the mantle of asshole into the final round where Jez took over.

Our last evening in Nice was spent at the hostel drinking beer, scoffing pizza and a few card drinking games. We got a bit rambunctious and were told to keep the noise down at one stage, a bit ridiculous considering the music was way louder than us. Andre was in good form, he some how tried to say rambunctious and came up with jumbalicious, work that one out! At around 3am we decided to turn in, 4 hours later we would have to be up to start our Busabout trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



15th December 2008

definitely a jumbalicious day
Such a fabulous day! and rambunctious is also a fabulous word. So glad we got to hang out at Cap D'Ail. It was a great day playing cards underneath umbrellas on the beach, and it was good meeting up with you guys in Paris the night before I went home. Hope all is well at home!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb