A French woman speaking Spanish - tres sexy!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Arles
July 25th 2006
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

1.1.1.

Picnic in Arles ....
Geo: 44.0964, 4.45083

Up early to catch a train. Breakfast was included - cereal/milk, cake w/ butter and crappy watery juice. Slept on train to Arles, did nothing else. Went to Musee Reattu (art) - not very good; did not understand the French descriptions so there was no historical context for me. Also too hot to concentrate.

Had a picnic by the amphitheatre - assorted herb cheeses, pate, and bread. Tasty and cheap, but too rich and got a little gross at the end. Too cheap to buy tomatoes - would've made it much more enjoyable. Still beats McDonald's any day!

It was a great place for a picnic - shady with music (some "medieval" band). Like something from Robin Hood. The heat is inhumane. I'm glad I'm not wearing any pants. Literally! Nothing but a wife beater and sandals. Maybe I would've had more luck with Isabel that day if I wore more clothing. Then she would've heard my words better if she wasn't shrieking and covering her eyes.

Went to a park and slept for awhile to avoid the heat. After, the Musee de l'Arles antique. Neat, but nothing special. Mostly Roman ruins - I'll see lots of that in Italy.
2.2.2.

... while sitting at the base of this!
Checked into the hostel - hot again. Getting sick of this.

Hung out at the hostel a bit then off to dinner. Arles has a confusing layout so I got lost. Dinner at Le Pistou. Started with a volaille (poultry) salad. Cukes, tomatoes, green beans, carrots, lettuce, endive, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Great, but volaille needed a little more salt. Entree - bull cooked in wine sauce. Very rich, not sure if it's the bull sauce or the wine that contributed to this. It was stewed with pine nuts and served with a baked potato (w/ herb sauce) and roasted tomato. Heavenly - the wine sauce was great with bread. Massive portions.

Dessert was a delicious chocolate cake (le mi-cuit chocolat). Not too sweet. A nice delicate balance. France is worth the trip just for the food. Waitress was very pretty and spoke some Spanish. The restaurant focused on regional specialties but had a Spanish theme. I think I found the only thing sexier than a woman speaking Spanish - a woman speaking Spanish with a French accent!

I asked her if I could move the beds apart, but she only gave me a puzzled look (happens to me every time!!!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

3.3.
3.

You can see the contrast between the areas of the Arena that have and have not been restored.
4.4.
4.

It's Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise!!!! How could they be so rude to call him Cantaloupe? His head is fairly smooth ... more of a honeydew, I think.
5.5.
5.

Cool sculpture, taken in a park.
6.6.
6.

One more operation and Michael Jackson's nose will also be reduced to only a hole in his face. He's already whiter than the sculpture, though.
7.7.
7.

Roman tiled floors on display at the museum in Arles.


Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb