Arles township


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Arles
October 17th 2017
Published: October 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Super place in a quiet vuex ville of France. A small town enclosed by buildings of the Middle Ages, therefore the streets are very narrow and the houses tall. A bit of a network to find our way around, however the street blocks are very small so it is not far to walk from one side of town to the other.

Most of the homes will have also used stone from the arenas as they were dismantled and collapsed. They are quaint and those that own them are quite proud to. Not ideal for a family although if you know no different it is how some choose to live. They have a Collectable value.

It's a little cooler here than Malta, 22degree days starting with some mist.

We spent most of the day wandering Arles as it is so interesting. We started from the Boulevard outside the walls & weaved through to the North Port wall & then along the Rhone riverbank. Back in to the little bakery on the next corner from our place for a fresh bagette.

We ventured out later for a night stroll to the Arena.
Not far from the Carmague
And of course van Gogh painted here for a time just before he was 'committed' & he also continued to paint Arles while he was hospitalised.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement




18th October 2017

Looks really pretty
Glad to see the photo's are back online :) Keep them coming :) xx

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb