Another lovely day on Ile de Re and a laptop disaster


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Ile de Re
September 8th 2015
Published: October 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Up bright and early to take advantage of the lovely weather.

Writing yesterday's blog on the Laptop when disaster struck. Oops that cup of coffee was intended for my mouth, not the Laptop keyboard. Switched off the power, dried it as best we could then before I could switch it off, it did it for me.

See little chance of it switching on again and keyboard, now dry, is decidedly sticky. Communications for remainder of the trip will be on this Hudl, a rather basic tablet or my phone.

Photos are safe on camera card but no way to get them off it. Will be doing a nightly delete exercise to make sure I don't fill the cards.

In the meantime will be investigating, via my phone, a replacement Laptop for when we get home.

Put a dampener on the start of the day and beginning to feel digitally vulnerable. Last September trip the camera broke and had to use phone camera. On June trip the new phone melted. Now this. Bound to be my Kindle next trip....oh no forgot, that, or at least my previous model, got its screen damaged on the airport scanner ! Watch out (Bob's) Hudl !



Back to our day. We went first thing to Loix village and stopped for coffee then along to St Martin de Re for a lovely stroll. Always a pleasure in this super harbour town. Bustling with life. Bicycles, dogs, shoppers, boats and restaurants.

Bob had moules (silly autocorrect typed "moulds") frites and I had Tuna Nicoise. Very French and certainly typical of this region.

Another stroll right along the seawall letting the brisk wind blow the cobwebs away and my hair astray then back to Loix and time for a swim in the pool.

Bad news for dinner. Had planned Pizza from campsite restaurant but it was closed. Cold meat and salad was very nice instead.

Packed up ready to go before we went in for the night as long drive tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb