Finally back on line!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Deux-Sevres
February 12th 2011
Published: February 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After 5 days with no internet connection, we are finally back on. Someone in the house I am living in forgot to pay the bill, so the net was cut off. God, I didnt realise how dependant I was on the net until I didnt have it for 5 days. Anyway, it is back on now, so heres a little catch up.

So on the 5th Feb I took a nice long drive through the local countryside, visiting such towns as Verteuil, Mansle, and Rochefoucauld. And I have to saythat these liitle towns, and many more like them, are just so nice. They all seem to have a lovely river forging a route through the center of the town, and no two houses are the same. They just look idyllic, and the temptation to buy a house in one of them and start growing parsnips to live on is great..............anyway a few pics to give you a taste.

The rest of the week was fairly mundane - I was running Maria around to various friends homes to use their phone to try and sort out the internet problem (as the phone here was cut off as well) which seemed to take forever - 2 days in fact. And even aftre those 2 days it still wasnt sorted.

The rest of the time I got on with other normal tasks, like mucking out the stables, feeding the alpacas each night, and getting on with some web design. I am about half way doing a site for my hosts for them to advertise their aplacas and other services. that should be ready to go live in a week or so.

On Monday I witnessed the birth of an alpaca - so look out for the next blog for details and pics.....................


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



12th February 2011

Fab Piccies
Getting as good as your sister!! you'll soon be as good as her and publishing a book lol! You look like you're really enjoying it son - keep up the good work. Pop and Ma
13th February 2011

good to hear from you ...
awesome Mark! looking forward to seeing site no. 1! hows the French comming along? :-)

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb