Day 2 France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 2
I’m typing now lying down in the tent as its too small for me and stoph to sit up in and read and type at the same time! We started today by visiting the boulangery to have some pan aux chocolate and crossions and to get a baguette for lunch. From here it was a pleasent 20 km or so along quiet country roads to La Gacilly, where we joined a larger road which took us to Redon where we welcomed by a headwind which lasted for the rest of the day and made us fight for every kilometer. After a big effort and 60km we reached Pont Chateau for lunch where the road got ery busy with lots of trucks travelling in our direction. We then joined the very industrial estuary of the Loire and rode over a huge 4.5km bridge to what feels like a totally different part of france.
Tonight we are on a campsite, along side the sea and can hear the waves. After showering and settig up our tent we went and had dinner on the beach of as much pasta as we could fit inside us.

Its now after 10 and time for some sleeps costing a whopping 17 euros!

Todays stats were
Max speed: 50km
Time: 4:31:55
Average speed: 20.5
Distance: 92.53km
Trip distance: 211.49km


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb