Pariscapade


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
May 20th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Versailles PalaceVersailles PalaceVersailles Palace

where Marie Antoinette lived once
Everyone goes to Paris thinking they'll leave with more love in their hearts... But is that really the case? When I go to new places, I usually try to go with an open mind, without all the expectations the media drill to our brains. See, when you don't have expectations, you can't be disappointed. You'll never hear the lines: "I expected more..." or "This isn't what everyone said it'd be...". It usually works.

First thing's first. I was a tourist, so I couldn't miss out on the Eiffel Tower. It was grand...massive...amazing. Indeed that work of steel could be used to make a ship... can it?? hahah... The view from the "second floor" is breathtaking. You can see the entire Paris, with the tiny little dots of people and cars moving around below. Then we proceed to the famous Champs Elysees. Yes, this is where the largest Louis Vuitton store is... Well, I'm not much for shopping, but who says I can't get designer handbag every now and then? Girls, brace yourself. It's about four or five floors of Louis Vuitton merchandise !!! You could spend hours looking at each and every product they have.

Shopping aside, I enjoyed
Eiffel towerEiffel towerEiffel tower

bask in its glory!
the food in Paris as well. We had lunch in one of the French Cafes in Champs Elysees, where the tables and chairs all faced outside. Yes... they all had to face outside where you just watch the people pass by while you were eating. It was weird, but hey THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT IN EUROPE 😊 the food was glorious... i had some sort of beef french cuisine.. i was not sure what is was, let alone pronounce it!

We only had three days to spend in Paris... I reaaaaaally wanted to see the Eiffel Tower at night, with all its lights.... BUT I guess the French were not on our side. The night we were supposed to go back and see it with lights, it rained.... it poured... hard core rain... So, our last night in paris, and we were stuck in the hotel :ยท oh well... Next time, i swear, rain or shine, I am going to see the Eiffel Tower with the lights !!!

The tower isn't the only thing to see... there's the Lourve and the palace at Versailles.... beautiful beautiful beautiful... I would love to go back in time and live in that era. It'd be nice to live in a palace. Paris is rich with history... So if you do visit, don't just shop and find love, explore its history.... you won't regret it.... :D

Anyone wanna go see the Eiffel tower at night with me ? :P


-AL



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb