And so to France. Good to be back.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Saint-Omer
June 1st 2018
Published: June 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today went like clockwork.

Up at 6.30, showered, last oddments into Tandy, birds given a last meal of suet pellets and insructed to go find their own food for the next few weeks and we were on the road at 7.30am.

Brilliant drive down, not a holdup in sight. It is school holidays so that could account for less traffic than normal.

A bit foggy but no sign of the weather advertised as "risk to life" (Ryanair had cancelled all their Stanstead flights just in case !)
In fact, such a good drive down that we arrived at the Chunnel terminal 2 hours before our booked train time of 2.20. Thought maybe we would be put on an earlier train but there were warning signs of 'disruption" and the terminal car park was chocker.

Had our sandwiches (always our favourite egg mayo), a drink and then one of the chunnel stafff waved us to go.

In fact our train left at the booked time not the 20 - 30 minutes late we were expecting so they must have sorted out the backlog.

Been struggling with major attacks of insomnia because of my aching knee last several nights but today found the solution. As we rattled along under the sea I slept in Tandy's comfy bed, rocked by the motion. Bliss. Have advised Bob if I have any trouble sleeping while we're away he will have to drive me round the campsite for an hour or two..

Campsite is our usual Camping du Gandspette at Eperleques. Could equally be named Little England as occupancy is 90%+ British but it is always an excellent site. The pool is heated so I had a swim. The bar was open so we had a drink and there are cute rabbits on the ground and singing birds in the trees and it's all very pleasant.
Our pitch is on the 'roadway' between two grass (unused) pitches as yesterday they had dreadful wet weather, same as Southern England and a lot of the normal pitches are too wet for motorhomes. As usual though they found somewhere for us to park. Reception here is always most acccomodating. Must remember before we leave tomorrow to book a pitch for our last night of the trip.

Tomorrow we head East for one more night in France before we cross into Germany on Sunday. Will give it a day to warm itself up again as it's cloudy and not quite warm enough for me but it is only the 1st of June.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb