Pujols and Environs


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
September 29th 2015
Published: September 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I missed a day in there. Previous to my last posting, we visited Pujols. It is a great little village with a quaint cafe in a garden with lovely sculptures. We enjoyed a fabulous lunch and then went on to visit the local ubiquitous church, as we do in most villages. Very pretty stained glass. We also found a portion of the Chemin de St. Jacques, the French part of the Camino. This path goes through many parts of France. Part of the trail runs through the land quite close to where we are staying and we hiked there for an afternoon. We encountered a strange little older German woman, a pilgrim hiking the Chemin. She was apparently trying to find a Gite in Pech which was just a few kilometers away. But even after showing her the directional signs to Pech, she insisted on going in a different direction. There is probably a lesson there ? The Chemin is not as well traveled or as well known in France as it is in Spain. At least that is our experience this time of year. But we went to a tourist office in Cahor and asked for a map of the Chemin so we could hike on it. He didn't seem to know much about it. And there are fewer directional signs here. The yellow arrow of the Camino is not used very often although the same brass scallop shells are used in the larger towns. They do seem to use the red and blue band occasionally to indicate the way. There are also not as many cafes along the route and the cafes stick to a strict regimen of opening only between 12 and 2. Here are a few more "Camino" aka "Chemin" pictures for you, Dave.

Only one week left of our French journey. We certainly have seen a lot. We have now driven 2,600 kilometers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tummy full and satisfied ?Tummy full and satisfied ?
Tummy full and satisfied ?

With a little statue peaking over Cameron's shoulder


Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb